Print this post

7/9/14

Look Beyond the Mountain

About 9 years ago during a worship service I saw a vision and glimpse of my life in the future, my calling.  At that point I new that I was called to ministry.  I'm not going to get into the details because that vivid image was given to me, but I'm amazed at how through the years the Lord has added details to that picture.  Looking back I see things that have taken place in my life, growth, tears, changes in setting and it all makes sense and just flows together.



My perception of that vision and what God is actually doing have been two different things however. People who I first thought were a part are no longer a part of that picture.  The location is definitely not the same and what it is exactly that I am/will be doing I still don't exactly know, but He keeps adding to me daily and I am so thankful for that.  When Brian and I were in Bible School one of our instructors told us that God won't show you everything He is going to have you accomplish all at once, it would terrify you!  

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."  Isaiah 55:8

In His perfect timing we can do anything through Him!  Therein lies my problem... I'm gonna get real for a minute.  Are we trying to fulfill God's plan for our life on our own and making things happen ourselves?  Or are we walking it out with Him?  Isaiah 45:2 "I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars.  When we are walking things out with the Lord He makes it easy, there shouldn't be a struggle.  

Sometimes our biggest challenge is ourself and our thoughts.  When things don't happen the way you think it's going to happen and a door or window seems to close, are you letting discouragement and doubt take hold, or are you are you seeing the bigger picture realizing that the way that God has set before you is much better than the road you are currently traveling?

I've done the former.  I let thoughts come in saying that I wasn't good enough or talented enough or I didn't hear from God enough.  Then a door would seem to close or I would get pregnant and was put on bed rest.  That's the worst! Never blame your children or anyone else for what YOU are not doing.  All those things are just excuses and chains that WE attach to ourselves that keep us from walking in our calling.  We've got to break them off!  


We do this by being grateful and thanking the Lord for what He has done.  Paul and Silas could have been doubting the call on their lives when they were sitting in Prison for preaching the gospel in Acts 16, but no... 25 Around midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening. 26 Suddenly, there was a massive earthquake, and the prison was shaken to its foundations. All the doors immediately flew open, and the chains of every prisoner fell off!

                             WE MUST LEARN TO LOOK BEYOND THE MOUNTAIN

If you are currently discouraged with how things are going in your life I want to challenge you as I do the same.  Worship the Lord get on your face in His Presence and worship Him.  Meditate on what He has spoken over you and about you.  Only His words matter.  Get rid of the thoughts that you are holding onto and think on His thoughts.   His ways are far beyond anything that you could imagine!  

Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can’t see
And this mountain that’s in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea
So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name


-It Is Well, Kristene DiMarco

No comments:

Post a Comment